Slow roast for the juiciest, succulent and hearty lamb shoulders. The lamb shoulder can often have more flavor and easier to cook than the lamb leg.
- Raw Quality New Zealand lamb
- Boneless and Netted for easy preparation
- At approximately 1.5Kg +/- 10%
Size: 1 pieces / pack. Approx. 1.5 Kg / pack
Storage: This item comes raw and frozen in a sealed plastic bag. It can also be stored or defrosted in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before consumption. Never re-freeze defrosted items.
6 Easy Steps for Preparation & Cooking:
1. Defrost in fridge for 24 hours, or by placing sealed bag in running water for 1-3 hours
2. Remove from bag, place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan
3. Season with salt, pepper and rub with olive oil
4. Cut 12 deep incisions into the lamb as deep as you can without piercing the bottom. You can stuff the incisions with rosemary and garlic at this point if you like.
5. Heat in a preheated oven at 180C for about 2-2.5 hours covered with tin foil, then remove cover and turn up temperature to 220C for another 20 mins. If there are no more liquids at the bottom of the pan add 3/4 cups of water.
5. Rest the lamb shoulders on a separate plate. Cover loosely with tin foil and let rest from 30mins up to a couple of hours.
6. Plate and serve!
More Ideas to Try:
- Plate with: mashed potato, a green salad or glazed carrots
- Pair with one our signature potato sides such as our Pommes Au Gratinor our Mashed Potato!
- Pick up a pack of gravy mix from your local supermarket or better yet, you can make your own gravy using the residual fat in the pan!
- End the perfect roast with a dessert! Check our dessert section for a selection of cakes.
(*Ovens & stoves vary in temperature and results - keep an eye on your food as over-cooking may cause the meat to dry out)