The ultimate show piece of a main course for a winter weekend! Perfect for a easy slow roast and serve with your favourite sides!
- Raw Quality New Zealand lamb
- Bone-in at approximately 2+ Kg
Size: 1 pieces / pack. Approx. 2+ Kg / pack
Storage: This item comes raw and frozen in a sealed plastic bag. It can also be stored or defrosted in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before consumption. Never re-freeze defrosted items.
6 Easy Steps for Preparation & Cooking:
1. Defrost overnight in fridge, or by placing sealed bag in running water for 4 hours
2. Remove from bag, place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan
3. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, bay leaves, oregano, and a little olive oil (or your favorite sauce/spice mix).
4. Heat in an oven at 160C - 190C for 2.5 hours, or to a core temperature of 63C-72C depending on how you like your doneness.
5. Add Vegetables half way through your cooking time. Red onions, carrots, potatoes are great options to throw at the bottom of the pan. Lay a fresh rosemary and lemon slices on top to add depth to the dish.
6. Plate and serve!
More Ideas to Try:
- You can alternatively roast from frozen. Simply roast the lamb leg for a 50% longer cooking time!
- Plate with: mashed potato, a green salad or glazed carrots
- Pick up a pack of gravy mix from your local supermarket
- Pair with one our signature potato sides such as our Pommes Au Gratin or our Mashed Potato!
(*Ovens & stoves vary in temperature and results - keep an eye on your food as over-cooking may cause the meat to dry out)