For the meat-eater! Slow cooked Australian beef short ribs in a natural flavour, ready for finishing with your choice of glazes and condiments.
- Slow cooked for 10+ hours
- Quality Australian beef
- Natural flavour - ready for your sauce or seasoning
Size: Approx. 4-6 pieces / pack. Approx. 2.5-3kg / pack
(Each pack contains 4-6 ribs cut as pictured, approx 500g per piece)
Storage: This item comes frozen in a sealed sous-vide plastic bag. It can also be stored or defrosted in the refrigerator for up to 7 days before consumption. Never re-freeze defrosted items.
5 Easy Steps for Preparation & Cooking:
1. Defrost overnight in fridge, or by placing sealed bag in hot water for 1 hour
2. Remove from bag, place in large pot or on an oven tray
3. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, bay leaves, oregano, red wine, and a little olive oil (or your favorite sauce/spice mix). Add onions, carrots, potato to the pot/tray.
4. Heat in an oven at 200C for 30-45 mins, or in a large pot with lid on for 45 mins at low-medium heat*. Make sure core temp is hot (we recommend at/above 78C).
5. Plate and serve!
More Ideas to Try:
- Make a simple red wine sauce: mix a cup of red wine, a cup of juice from the bag of ribs, 3 tablespoons of butter, salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Pour over the plated ribs, or use as a side-sauce
- Plate with: mashed potato, a green salad or glazed carrots
- Pick up a pack of gravy mix from your local supermarket
- Korean Style! Cut into individual rib pieces. Prepare: half a cup of soy sauce, half a cup of beef broth, a quarter cup of brown sugar, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley leaves. Whisk all of these ingredients together and pour this sauce generously over the ribs in a large pot. Heat on stove with lid on for 30-45 mins at low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Serve piping hot, garnish with parsley and sesame seeds.
- Western BBQ / On the Grill: season generously with salt and pepper, heat the grill to medium-hot temperature. Place the ribs bone side down on the grill or plate. Close the bbq lid and grill for 15-20 minutes.
(*Ovens & stoves vary in temperature and results - keep an eye on your food as over-cooking may dry out your meat)