Delicious and tender Aussie beef cheeks, slow-cooked in natural flavour. Just heat and serve with your favourite mash potato or pasta!
- Slow cooked for 10+ hours
- Quality Australian beef
- Natural flavour - ready for your sauce or seasoning
Size: 2 pieces / pack. Approx. 700g / pack
(Each pack contains 2 beef cheeks, approx 350g per piece)
Storage: This item comes frozen in a sealed sous-vide plastic bag. It can also be stored or defrosted in the refrigerator for up to 7 days before consumption. Never re-freeze defrosted items.
5 Easy Steps for Preparation & Cooking:
1. Defrost overnight in fridge, or by placing sealed bag in hot water for 1 hour
2. Remove from bag, place in large pot or on an oven tray
3. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, bay leaves, oregano, red wine, and a little olive oil (or your favorite sauce/spice mix). Add onions, carrots, potato to the pot/tray.
4. Heat in an oven at 200C for 20-30 mins, or in a large pot with lid on for 30 mins at low-medium heat*. Make sure core temp is hot (we recommend at/above 78C).
5. Plate and serve!
More Ideas to Try:
- Make a simple red wine sauce: mix half a cup of red wine, all of the juice from the bag of beef cheeks, 2 tablespoons of butter, salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Pour over the plated beef cheeks, or use as a side-sauce
- Plate with: mashed potato, a green salad or glazed carrots
- Pick up a pack of gravy mix from your local supermarket
- Pair with your favourite pasta dish and a delicious Australian beef topping
(*Ovens & stoves vary in temperature and results - keep an eye on your food as over-cooking may cause the meat to dry out)